Welcome to the Jacksonville Area Hash House Harriers
The Jacksonville Area Hash House Harriers is a non-competitive running / social club. The Hash is humorously known as A Drinking Club With A Running Problem, with the preferred beverage of consumption being BEER.
Hashes are organized in a manner similar to the English game of Hounds and Hares. A “Hare” will lay a trail in chalk, flour, or other medium for the “pack” (of hounds sometimes called the kennel) to follow after the Hare gets a head start. The trail may contain symbols and mis-direction in order to throw the pack off trail in order to avoid getting caught before the end of the trail. The pack may be made up of both walkers and runners.
The Jacksonville Area Hash House Harriers is divided into 4 kennels: Jacksonville H3, Jax Beach H3, Trajic H3, and Jax Urban H3
The Jacksonville Area Hosts Several Hashes Including:
- Jacksonville H3. (Runs Every Other Wednesday and an Occasional Saturday)
- Jax Beach H3. (Runs 1 Trail and 1 Event per Month on Weekends)
- Trajic H3. (Runs Every Other Monday)
- Jax Urban H3. (Runs Every Other Friday)
- To promote physical fitness among our members.
- To get rid of weekend hangovers.
- To acquire a good thirst and to satisfy it in beer.
- To persuade the older members that they are not as old as they feel.
“Meh, Good Enough.” – Mediocraties